Review:

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas


Format (That I Read It):

Book

Summary:

Celaena has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak―but at an unspeakable cost. Now, she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth . . . a truth about her heritage that could change her life―and her future―forever. Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon, intent on enslaving her world. Will Celaena find the strength to not only fight her inner demons but to take on the evil that is about to be unleashed?

Initial Thoughts:

It's #TOMETOPPLE time again and while this book was on my TBR I wasn't really planning on reading it. I thought for sure that I would either The Name of the Wind by Patrick Ness or American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I thought and felt the need to read a Sarah J. Maas. I haven't read one since last November/December.


Review:


~Spoilers  Below~
I quite enjoyed myself while reading Heir of Fire. It was a bit slow in some sections. We got introduced to Manon which I didn't really enjoy her parts of the novel. Though I did warm up to her mainly because of Abraxos. I actually pictured Abraxos as Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. I have no idea why but I just got that vibe from him.

We also met another character named Rowan which I've heard a lot of people shipping him with Celaena/Aelin. Now like with Rhysand from A Court of Thrones and Roses I warmed up to him and I can see why people ship them. I think they will be end game. Last book review (Crown of Midnight) I said that Chaol is my favorite character but that's changed. Chaol will still have a spot in my that's changed. Chaol will still have a spot in my heart and I still really care for him but he is problematic especially in his relationship with Celaena. I don't think they would be good together like I previously thought. It's quite funny that for each book I was Team Chaol but I don't want them together anymore. I'm really excited for Chaol's book that's coming out in September. One character that really shone for me in this book, actually two, are Celaena and Dorian.

Like I said in the last review I grew to love Celaena but Aelin is even better I get the separation now. But I was really shocked to like Dorian's character. When Sorscha died in front of him my heart absolutely shattered for him. I just want to wrap him up in a blanket and hide him from the world. For me, this book really opened up the world, I can see a lot of similarities between this series and the A Court of Thrones and Roses series. In fact, Sarah J Maas said it all takes place in the same multiverse. I really hope we eventually get to see a crossover of some sorts. Seeing Rowan and Rhysand interacting I think would be hilarious! The only thing is I wish I would have read The Assassin's Blade first but I'm going to do that before moving on to Queen of Shadows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog