Review:

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon


Format (That I Read It):

Book

Summary:

Madeline Whittier is allergic to the outside world. So allergic, in fact, that she has never left the house in all of her seventeen years. But when Olly moves in next door and wants to talk to Maddie, tiny holes start to appear in the protective bubble her mother has built around her. Olly writes his IM address on a piece of paper, shows it at her window, and suddenly, a door opens. But does Maddie dare to step outside her comfort zone?


Initial Thoughts:

To be completely honest with you I wasn't really interested in reading this book. I knew that I would probably get to it eventually because I want to watch the movie but I also knew the longer I would wait I would eventually be spoiled. But that still didn't force it any higher on my TBR shelf. Then while in a reading slump I was randomly looking at the books at work, saw Everything, Everything and decided what the heck I'm gonna read it, so here are my thoughts....


Review:


I knew very little going into this story. All I knew was that it was about a girl who was sick and couldn't leave her house. Then a boy moves next door. I had no idea what was in store. I was pleasantly surprised. This book was exactly what I needed to get out of my reading slump. The book has little pictures and diagrams that made the read go by really quickly. They were quite funny. Madeline and Olly's story was very tragic. I really never expected Spoilers > Maddy to leave her house alone let alone go to Hawaii. Then when she almost died I thought that was it. She was gonna have to stay in her house forever. Then to my absolute shock, it. She was never allergic to anything her mom faked it to protect her because Maddy's father and brother died in an accident. It couldn't believe it. But overall I really enjoyed the journey of this story. I'm glad that I decided to pick this book up.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog